Dr. Judith Brisman is well recognized for is her expertise in running training seminars and presentations for both professional and lay audiences. She has been sought out internationally to train mental health professionals in her treatment approach; she has worked actively with parents throughout the country to set the stage for a child or teen’s recovery, and she has led numerous hospital grand rounds, training doctors and clinicians alike. She has trained the behavioral health staff at Canyon Ranch Spa and has worked with students and teachers in both college and high school settings.
Dr. Brisman is a sought after expert on eating disorders and has appeared on numerous media channels, including the television programs 20/20, The Today Show, CNN, Think Big and and VProud.tv.
Her talks include the following:
- Treatment of the Eating Disordered Patient: Advanced Training, Supervision and Case Presentations for Mental Health Professionals
- When Helping Hurts: The Role of the Family and Parents in the Treatment of Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorders.
- Privacy and Passion: An Analytic Understanding of the Eating Disorder Patient
- Encounters with the Love Thief: The Role of Schools, Corporations and Community Agencies in recognizing and preventing eating disorders
- What Are You Hungry For?: An experiential, goal directed workshop for anyone concerned about bodies or food and interested in making change—now!